1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Suspension sway bar bushings

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by confusatron, Dec 4, 2005.

1. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

Anybody here use the ES sway bar bushings? I bought a set of one inchers for my LS front sway bar, and I was trying to line up the bracket with the standard hole and bolt for it, and the thing obviously is too big. Now I figure if I just cut it off where it overlaps the 19mm LCA bolt, It will fit, but I'll lose a good part of that screw slot. Is that a negligible thing, or a bad problem?

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Aren't you supposed to press bushings in? With a shop press or something of the such. I forget what I was reading about in SCC, but they were pressing bushings into some sort of suspension component bracket a while back. (now I wish I had kept all my issues)

3. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

No this isn't a control arm bushing, this is a sway bar bushing where you just grease the bushing, pop it onto the bar, then push the bracket into place on top of the bushing. It's really easy, except for the fact that the bracket is universal and therefore doesn't quite fit the engine cradle right.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted