Energy Suspension sway bar bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

Anybody here use the ES sway bar bushings? I bought a set of one inchers for my LS front sway bar, and I was trying to line up the bracket with the standard hole and bolt for it, and the thing obviously is too big. Now I figure if I just cut it off where it overlaps the 19mm LCA bolt, It will fit, but I'll lose a good part of that screw slot. Is that a negligible thing, or a bad problem?

Aren't you supposed to press bushings in? With a shop press or something of the such. I forget what I was reading about in SCC, but they were pressing bushings into some sort of suspension component bracket a while back. (now I wish I had kept all my issues)

Quoted post[/post]]
Aren't you supposed to press bushings in? With a shop press or something of the such. I forget what I was reading about in SCC, but they were pressing bushings into some sort of suspension component bracket a while back. (now I wish I had kept all my issues)

No this isn't a control arm bushing, this is a sway bar bushing where you just grease the bushing, pop it onto the bar, then push the bracket into place on top of the bushing. It's really easy, except for the fact that the bracket is universal and therefore doesn't quite fit the engine cradle right.

Back