Engine break in method

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This has been through here a couple of times. I broke mine in with a modified version of his. It seems to have worked pretty well.

We recommend that process to all of our customers. It really is important to get the rings to seat correctly, and we've found that this is the best way to do it. I ran my LS/VTEC fairly hard the very first day I was running it and it's been running great. Leak-down tests showed almost 0 after about 2k miles.

One theory i heard was, if you want to have it for a long time, drive nice, not burn oil do it the old fashioned way.

If you want it to be a racer, break it in hard, it'll be faster but it'll burn oil slightly.

That sounds reasonable to me, break it in how you're going to drive it.

As for the clutch take it easy, don't dump it at ALL for the 1st 500 miles. I know it very tempting but unless you like pulling the tranny from the car, its worh the wait.

Breaking in an engine like a little bitch doesn't make any sense at all. There is NOTHING gentle, or in need of sheltering going on inside of cylinder walls once the motor has been fired up.

:withstupid:

drive the hell out of it ... and as far as the clutch goes... dont dump the clutch at high RPMs and dont ride it out... thats about it

Back