Engine cleaning...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lemur6

I keep saying this, but again, forgive me if I sound like a noob (I'm new to cars). I'm trying to clean my engine bay in my 91 Prelude Si, and I'm not sure what needs to get covered. I know what the distributor is and I know where there's a small intake, but that's all I see that can potentially cause a problem if it gets wet. Not sure what "coils" look like or if I even have them in my car, and if you tell me the name of another part, I probably won't know what it looks like. Anyone have a pic?

I tried cleaning a little today, my engine had leaks so there was oil crust everywhere. I got some simple green and sprayed it on the bad spots and brushed the dirt loose. Then got one of those hand pump sprayers (those things you use for lawn chemicals or pesticide) and sprayed the green off with water. Seemed to work ok, but when I went to start up the car it had some trouble, so I think I got some water where it shouldn't have gone.

Back