engine cuts out at 4500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haloae

ok we just put a 97 d16y8 in my buddies 92 hatch. it ran great for a few days then it started to cut out at around 4500. i was using the y8 dizzy but i switched back to the z6 dizzy that we knew worked but the problem still there. when we were driving it today it lost power and when you hit the gas it would slow down. we stop and it idle for a second then died as the cel came on. tried starting it again and no go so we check the motor(oil, plugs, wires ect) no problems then we try starting it again and it fires right up. we get it home and check the codes. but when we connect the two wires to check the code we get a sold cel. and its running a chipped ecu from xenocron.com 450cc dsm injector with 10watt 10ohm resisters and 8 lbs of boost. it ran fine with the z6 the problems just start a few days after the y8

thanx for any help

Quoted post[/post]]
ok we just put a 97 d16y8 in my buddies 92 hatch. it ran great for a few days then it started to cut out at around 4500. i was using the y8 dizzy but i switched back to the z6 dizzy that we knew worked but the problem still there. when we were driving it today it lost power and when you hit the gas it would slow down. we stop and it idle for a second then died as the cel came on. tried starting it again and no go so we check the motor(oil, plugs, wires ect) no problems then we try starting it again and it fires right up. we get it home and check the codes. but when we connect the two wires to check the code we get a sold cel. and its running a chipped ecu from xenocron.com 450cc dsm injector with 10watt 10ohm resisters and 8 lbs of boost. it ran fine with the z6 the problems just start a few days after the y8

thanx for any help

Well, I'm still fairly new to the Honda scene myself but if you're getting a solid CEl light when you run Diag. to pull codes, it sounds like a bad ecu maybe? See if maybe you can swap the ecu for another one and see if that helps.

Try to unplugg the TPS, and run it that way...I had this problem with my car and found out the TPS was bad...Good Luck

yeah im hopin its not the ecu cuz thats the only one i have that can run the 450cc injectors

got it fixed it was some messed up vacuum lines or something...its all good know and omg its fast

Back