engine easily goes from warm to cold?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

problem:
since its gotten cold here lately (below 50 degrees) my engine takes a long time to warm up AND after its been driven, it sometimes goes cold (temp gauge drops all the way to COLD). this happpens if i coast down a slight hill, or if i simply keep my foot off the accelerator while coasting for a minute or so. im almost ready to put tape over my radiator.

ive checked my radiator coolant level and it is full. the coolant reservoir level is near full too. i havent had my coolant changed or my system flushed for a few years but i figure its fine because the engine never overheated when it was 100+ degrees out in heavy traffic, so what gives????

any suggestions???

yup sounds like a stuck thermostat

I just did 3 of em in mine....too lazy to go 50 mi. to the dealership and 2 went bad right away so I ended up having to go to honda and get a real part........wtf is up with parts nowadays even napa sucks?....not jacking,just trying to save ya a min,buy it from honda...$11.34 and it will work :D

I put a napa thermostat in my car 25,000 miles ago, and I have not had a problem since with it. I even did it in the middle of nowhere in Utah on a road trip, took me twenty minutes, and some swearing as the engine was still hot from that days drive. Also last spring I installed a napa thermostat in my buddies 89 accord lxi, and he has not had a problem with it yet. So I think you must have just gotten a bad batch.

Back