Engine for a 94 Honda Civic Hatchback?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrandonH

Hello, I'm new here, and am wondering what engine i can put in a (manual) 1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback. Any help is appreciated.

hey i have the same year hatch DX and i am looking into doing a swap myself. I have found that there are a lot of difforent engines out there that you can drop in with little to no problems. some may take a little more work than others. But all in all there are a lot.

you could put any honda motor you want in a civic it just dependeds on how much money, work and time you want to put in to it. i had a 93 si hb and put a motor in. spent over $3500. on motor and all the parts i needed. never got to finish it. long story.

well if money is an issue than buy an b18a1 or b18b nonvtec motor you can grab one for 300 to 1000 bucks. theres alot of options with an ls motor and there strong motors and that 9:1 comp is perfect for a turbo build. a b series swap is like 1500 bucks for the motor to be installed an obd conversion.

dude. cheap option. d16z6. it's obd1 so you don't have to fuss with much. It's a bolt in swap for that car. Vtec motor 1.6 liter. about 125 hp to the crank stock. Basically you would need the motor and the ecu. the tranny, axles, motor mounts, tranny mount, wiring harness pretty much everything works from your car. In fact there are a ton of people who have done this exact swap. Write ups are probably easy to find. The b18 is also a good cheap option, you could go jdm d15b about 130ish hp. I've seen everything from 1.5 liter motors, to 3.5 liter motors in these exact hatchbacks man you can pretty much find mount kits for any honda motor in this chassis.

Last edited:
Back