Engine Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Ok, so I looked through the refrence section, as well as this one, and couldnt find an answer to my question. Maybe I overlooked it, in which case a link would be fantastic. Anyways, my planned setup is a LS/V consisting of a B18B block and P72 GSR head, goin into a '92 CX hatch. I will not be runnin the IAB. Can I use an OBDI B16 engine harness with no modification, assuming my dizzy and alternator are also OBDI? If it needs modified, what would need to be done? Thanks for any info.

somethin like that personally I reccomend using an ls wiring harness because you don't have to extend the 02 sensor. Because either way you have to wire vtec to the ecu and you could just do rywire's harness and cover that pretty easily. or just get the barrel plugs for the knock sensor and vtec solenoid and wire those...

just my .02 and how I usually do it - also make sure your injectors are wired obd1/obd2 depending on ur motor

your cx will need vtec wired from the firewall to the ecu anyway...cx doesn't have vtec wired to the ecu

Oh ok, someone told me the wire was already there, just not used. Can anyone tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for the engine bay? I just got a harness and its missin 1 plug, and I need to figure out which one it is. Also, since Im a visual learner, Ill finally be able to figure this out for myself. I read through all the hybrid eg pages here, the FAQ's, and did a few different searchs here, and on google with no luck. This is really the only thing holdin me up too, so its extremely frustrating. Thanks for the info.

Ok lemme try to clear things up a lil. All the searches I did come up with the same stuff, and thats experienced ppl tellin inexperienced ppl to A) Do some research. B) Go to Rywire. Well, Ive done research, and I dont wann go to Rywire because anything they can do with wire cutters, a soildering iron, and shrink wrap I can do myself. They just know which specific wires to deal with, obviuosly I dont. Any info, please?

its a 92. it should already be wired for vtec

Thats wut i was told once before, but my main concern is mainly wiring up all the sensors, the alt, the dizzy ect. I can pin the vtec wire in and run it without a problem, but the engine harness is a different story to me, thanks for the reply tho.

You really need to go buy a repair manual of some kind with a wiring schematic in it so you can actually trace the wire out of your CX ecu to see if it wired for vtec instead of going on everyone elses two cents. Then if you have the manual you can figure out so many other things since you seem to be handy with a soldering iron and such. Anyway, come up with some sort of mpfi OBD1 engine harness, that's your best bet for a decent start. Or search Hasport Performance, Inc. they may have some answers. I know everyone there personally and they kick ass at this stuff.

Back