Engine idles good, btu like crap at 2,500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

69crx69

ok, i put a d16a6 rebuilt engine in my 90 rex (blew up previous engine.) I turn the car on and it idle good, but when i rev the motor it hesitates then the rpms jump. On top of that, when a try to back out or go forward in the car the idle goes up and down with the load. could this be an air leak somewhere? I am really not sure. Any ideas would be great.

Its definately a vacuum line problem. You probably didnt connect a vacuum line that you need to, either that or you need to T 2 vacuum lines into 1.
Thats the problem I just had this weekend, But I T'ed off 2 of the vacuum hoses and i dont have the problem anymore.

which vacuum lines did you Tee into one. I went dpfi to mpfi and i never really had a diagram to hook up the line correctly. If you have a pic that would be great, but a good explanation will help too.

There should be a vacuum diagram on your hood, If not then look on google search for it and your bound to find it. BUT, I have one more question for you that I need to know before I can tell you what to do.
On my swap, I swapped an LS motor, But I put a skunk 2 manifold on it before i put the motor in the car. Plus I have a bigger throttle body on mine so therefore that eliminated 2 Of the vacuum hoses. Then I took vacuum hose #21(there all numbered) and T'ed It with the hose that goes to the back of the manifold, So there was 2 going into 1. My question is, is the manifold stock???? If so you probably just didnt hook up a vacuum line or you got 1 ran wrong. Check it out, Look under the hood for that diagram. If not look on like, CRXSI.com or CRX.org.

I do have the stock manifold, but not the stock tb. I have a integra tb. the dashpot valve has one inlet on it. The reason i am using the integra tb is because it still has a good, unbroken, tps. thanks for the diagram. I have the dx set up which is just the map sensor and the dashpot control soleniod.

Back