1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine idles good, btu like crap at 2,500

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 69crx69, Sep 26, 2004.

1. 69crx69

69crx69 Member

ok, i put a d16a6 rebuilt engine in my 90 rex (blew up previous engine.) I turn the car on and it idle good, but when i rev the motor it hesitates then the rpms jump. On top of that, when a try to back out or go forward in the car the idle goes up and down with the load. could this be an air leak somewhere? I am really not sure. Any ideas would be great.

2. CReX123

CReX123 Senior Member

Its definately a vacuum line problem. You probably didnt connect a vacuum line that you need to, either that or you need to T 2 vacuum lines into 1.
    Thats the problem I just had this weekend, But I T'ed off 2 of the vacuum hoses and i dont have the problem anymore.

3. 69crx69

69crx69 Member

which vacuum lines did you Tee into one. I went dpfi to mpfi and i never really had a diagram to hook up the line correctly. If you have a pic that would be great, but a good explanation will help too.

4. CReX123

CReX123 Senior Member

There should be a vacuum diagram on your hood, If not then look on google search for it and your bound to find it. BUT, I have one more question for you that I need to know before I can tell you what to do.
    On my swap, I swapped an LS motor, But I put a skunk 2 manifold on it before i put the motor in the car. Plus I have a bigger throttle body on mine so therefore that eliminated 2 Of the vacuum hoses. Then I took vacuum hose #21(there all numbered) and T'ed It with the hose that goes to the back of the manifold, So there was 2 going into 1. My question is, is the manifold stock???? If so you probably just didnt hook up a vacuum line or you got 1 ran wrong. Check it out, Look under the hood for that diagram. If not look on like, CRXSI.com or CRX.org.

5. racingtopher

racingtopher Member

I had similar problem on my b16a. it was my TPS wasn't working, but yeah it could be vacuum line problem.

heres a vacuum diag.
    Click Here

6. 69crx69

69crx69 Member

I do have the stock manifold, but not the stock tb. I have a integra tb. the dashpot valve has one inlet on it. The reason i am using the integra tb is because it still has a good, unbroken, tps. thanks for the diagram. I have the dx set up which is just the map sensor and the dashpot control soleniod.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted