Engine mount question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skivic89

I am doing a B18B1 with a Civic type-r transmission into my 98 Civic Coupe Ex and I was wondering if I absolutely need to get new motor mounts or will my mounts from my Y8 work. I looked around the swap article and reference areas for the answer to my question but im still unsure. I just need a yes or no answer and possible a solultion that keeps me from having to buy an expensive mount kit. Please help me. :confused:

I believe that your factory mounts will work, if you use the rear bracket and the other bracket on the drivers side located on the block. It is the one that is held on with 3 14mm bolts. Get them from the 99-00 civic si. But it looked like your swap was boosted?? Worn mounts suck especially when you have added substantial horsepower. This aftermarket kit is fairly inexpensive and will make sure your drivetrain isnt moving around!! Innovative Mounts - Product Info

Even if you buy this kit you should need those 2 brackets i mentioned, if you dont have them already. Hope this helps!!

Technically you need to get a 99-00 si rear t bracket, the drivers side mount(metal bracket not the rubber ball) I belive all b16's are the same for this mount, the lower front passenger side tranny mount from any 94-00 integra or 99-00 si, and the ac bracket is the front lower drivers side mount. Now that is technically what you need to be oe spec. However you can run just the drivers side, upper tranny and rear t bracket and it will be fine. With the civic upper tranny mount you have to notch it to clear the b series starter. Just use a sawzaw or whizzy wheel and cut out a little square of metal to clear the starter( this does not effect the integrity of the mount because it is only the outside edge). For future questions, please read other peoples threads, this question is asked daily.

Back