engine mounting question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gfo180

Does anyone know what rear bracket to use to mount the b18c1 in a 89 hatch? Should i get the hasport one?

You could try the Hasport one, but the one off a 90-93 Integra will work as well! Ask GSRCRXsi he knows, because I sold him one! He has a GSR powered CRX si (if you didnt get that from the uh name!)

Let me know how much you want for it. If you want to sell it. I also need the two front brackets. I know the left you can use the 90-93 integra, but the right I'm not sure about. Any info will help thanks.

what right bracket are you talking about? all you need is the rear one (the one you will get from me) and the drivers side bracket. then all the hasport mounts will work.

40.00 Sounds good to me, let me know how to go about paying you. my email is gregohmer@hotmail.com. I've been looking at brackets on the 94 gsr. that dont appear to be on the hatch. Does the front of the tranny bolt up to the hatch? on the gsr there is a bracket that runs over to the right rail. Is there a left bracket? thanks

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 09:29 AM
what right bracket are you talking about? all you need is the rear one (the one you will get from me) and the drivers side bracket. then all the hasport mounts will work.

Ok correct me if i'm wrong but dont you have to change the bracket on the passenger side? Just last week i was helping my friend put a gsr motor in his crx and we had to take out the bracket from the b16 cause it wouldn't fit the ef chassis.

i guess it depends on what mounts you are using. what tranny are you using too? if i were you i wouldnt look at any other mounts but hasport. i had cheap mounts when i first got the car and i broke the rear one right in half. switched to hasport and i havent had a problem since. with the hasport mounts you do not need a front tranny mount or a front tranny bracket. all you will need is the 90-93 teg drivers side bracket, the 90-93 rear bracket (which you are getting from me), and the 3 hasport mounts which are the drivers side mount, the tranny mount on the passenger side, and the rear mount which goes on the rear crossmember.

PM me about the bracket for details on payment and shipping.

My friend is using place racing. They work fine. I'm not a big fan of them but hey it works good for him. Second Hasport is good but imo i think HCP mount kits are just as good. Hes also using the jdm Y1 tranny.

im using a y80 tranny(hydro). Its the 94 gsr tranny. I purchased my friends entire gsr, so im using everything i can from it. Im making my own hydro conversion. Using a obd1 conversion harness. Still getting everything else together that i know of. thanks for all the info

ok if you are gonna use the s80 tranny you NEED the hasport kit. just get it, you will be happier in the end. its better then trying to fab up some tranny mount. the hasport kit comes with the conversion so you wont have to do the conversion. get the hasport kit.

and i havent broken into the 14's yet becasue of my tranny. when ive compared my speeds with rpms im 90% sure i have the ls tranny now and not the cable gsr tranny like i thought.

hmm, i got some hondaswap member sayin he has a GSR cable tranny, he is trying to sell it to me (tranny, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel) all oem, for 575 shipped, but i cant find a cable to hydro conversion kit for 91 civic dx, plus all the ones im finding are 400+ $$$, so that would mean im spending around 1000 for my transmission alone. rip off is what i smell...

what are you trying to ask? if you are putting that tranny in your 91 civic you wont need a conversion kit.

my 91 civic is a cable... and that tranny is hydro... your saying i dont need a conversion for that?!

you said that guy has a gsr CABLE tranny. if he has the gsr CABLE tranny then no, you wont need a conversion. if he has a hydro then you do need it.

Back