Engine mounts for b16a2 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ultiima

Hello guys! Doing my first swap this week,but was wondering if i can use my stock mounts or do i need new ones? been searchin around,but are getting confusend....so many diffrent answars.... got a civiv 93 HB VX and doing the b16a2 swap.
Thx!!!

don't use your stock d series mounts i did that and my engine rocked and moved all over the place i bought some avid mounts it was 200 bucks cheaper then the hasport mounts and it holds my engine perfectly still hope that helps

You use a mix is the B16As brackets and your cars mounts. The brackets you use come with the motor, and the mounts come from the car. There's no problem with using the stock mounts if they aren't degraded, they will hold fine.

:werd:

You can always shell out $30 and get the Prothane mount inserts. They're teh awesome, and teh cheap.

if you got a REAL b16a2 from the 99-00 civic si, the rear mount is going to be different. you can't use that "correctly" on your car. you want an integra one.
if you're calling the JDM B16A SiR2 a b16a2 incorrectly like so many other people do the rear mount will be fine.

Back