Engine not starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

Ok here goes. I have a 97 CTR in a 97EX. I have everything all wired up and connected and it is done correctly. I turn the key and the engine turns over from the starter motor but does not fire up.

I have spark, fuel is getting to the injectors, I didn't have a test light to test the injectors, so I used two wires and a light bulb and got a dim light out of it. So I am assuming that the injectors are working correctly. The distributor was not on the engine when I got it. I put the engine at TDC and put the distributor on, is it possible to be 180 off on the timing still? I am pretty sure that the plug wires are on right, they distributor is not labeled. I compared to a buddys del sol b16a3 and put my wires in the same sequence. I have yet to check for compression, it was sold to me saying compression was good, I will be checking it later tonight. I am at a loss right now. I have fuel and spark, I think that the timing must be wrong or something, but I don't know thats why I am here. Does any one have some ideas to throw at me. I want to get this fucker goin!!!!!!!!!!

the spark sequence is 1342... so put your engine at top dead center (TDC) and remove your distributor cap, follow the wire where the rotor is firing at... the drivers side cylinder is cylinder #1, from there, the rotor turns clockwise if you are looking at it from the tranny side of the car. it should go 1 3 4 2.

Back