Engine Over Temp.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grod_07

I recently installed a 95 GSR engine into my 98 Civic Ex and I am having problems with the radiator not turning on. I changed the thermostat and still the engine is overheating. I do not have the A/C compressor on or the power steering because I need to get those two from a 98-01 Integra or SI. Please help me I am very close to driving it but it just has this problem.

well if your fans are not turning on replace the temp sensor
if you want to byepass you can just hook the fan up to a switch - it's getto but i will get you bye till you can figure out the problem
now if you hook up the fans and your car still over heats i'd have it checked for a blown head gasket

and heck, if you take that thing to the track, being able to switch the fan on and off can really help. just don't forget to turn it off before you go inside for the night...............................

.....................it's just annoying when it happens.............

........don't ask me why i know.

I'm at school, bored, and i cant remember for sure, but i think there's a seperate switch for the radiator temp. i'll look when i get home, but i know they sell a modified version that makes your fan turn on earlier because Spoon recommends you do not use it. i'll b back...

I checked the sensor and still nothing. Could it be that I have the plugs in a wrong sensor. I used the EX harness on the GSR motor. I have no clue. I don't think it's a blown head gasket because we did all the checks before I installed the engine. Could it be the water pump or timing belt or something. Please someone help me.

ya maybe get a new water pump. i did when i did my swap. mine has awesome cooling. fan doesnt need to turn on even durring 90 degree weather.

Back