engine problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

razma369600

Hey guys need some help

I was driving my 92 civic down the road doing about 45 i then went to shift in to 5th gear and the motor just died.I then pulled over and tried starting it.....and cranked over and turned on if that what you want to call it...The engine sounding like it was idleing at like 10 rpms!! And it keeps sucking a lot of air I normally cant really hear it sucking air from the intake but thats all i hear now and when i give it some gas it just gets worse then stalls out. Now I just put in a new fuel pump and I checked it to see if it was working and it is.I also checked my spark and i got spark so i dont know whats wrong with it.No check engine light comes on. BTW its a d15b7 motor with DC headers,aem short ram intake,ngk v power plugs,and 9 mm spark plug wires.

brian

how many miles on the engine. I had the same kind of problem with my d16y8, it turned out to be a fubared crank bearing, pooof new engine. I hope for you thats not it though.

Yeah I got the d15b7. Haven't had that problem though. I know a guy that sells the d15b jdm vtech version thats 130hp with paper work around 35000 miles 4 380.00 plus shipping. Thats pretty cheap.

Back