engine rebuild?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMaznKID

ok well im kinda new to the whole engine building thing so please dont bash me here , im just tryna learn more . everybody has been in my position before lol well i wanted to know what it means to "rebuild" an engine ? is it just replacing the internals on the long block and the head then putting it back together ? i understand that the block and head have to be machined and all that first . just tryna get some basic understanding. also what does it mean to port polish and bore the head of an engine? im asking all of this because i am going to be attempting a rebuild on a b18a engine . i pretty much got the engine for free so i dont mind workin on it and learning stuff. should be a fun little project. any help would be appreciated guys

there is several stages of a "rebuild"

light rebuild would be getting the block honed, new rings, new bearings, new gaskets, having head and block decked, valve job on head, balance the engine and re assemble.

now if your doing a light high performance rebuild then your looking at all of the above and new valve springs, new retainers, new pistons, new cams, new rods(or shot peened), over bore, ect ect.

Back