1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine rebuild

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by orosco, Apr 6, 2005.

1. orosco

orosco Member

How much does it cause generallly to rebuild your motor..In my case I have a 94 integra LS..I know the LS block can handle boost and i just want to run like 10lbs or so or better yet just get my car at around 300hp..nothing serious...I know some little things i need, but all in all when you bring your car to get a rebuild, what am I generally looking at...I was going to do crazy upgrades, but im not going to the track or anything..I just want to clean up the motor and slap on a turbo for some extra power....I had a 2000 interga once and slapped on a drag turbo when i only had 10K on the car and the car was a rocket at 8lbs..
    thanks
    orosco

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

$200-20000? What do you want to put into the rebuild?

3. orosco

orosco Member

lol...your right..kind of vague question on my part..I mean a rebuild in terms of replacing all oem parts for new ones..So my engine is like new again...Like i said in a post, i had a 2000 integra with a drag kit on it and it ran so sweet and it was on a stock motor...I have a 94 teg with 110k on it..I want to rebuild it to a fresh spec like say a new integra...LS handle boost real well, so i dont really need to go all out on a rebuild when i only plan on doing 10lbs max...So its just your simple JDM rebuild...Basically I want a brand new motor and tranny.
    thanks

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Why so many threads? You should have combined them all into 1 large post.

Brian

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

taking the time to put stock ls pistons and rods into your block is a waste of time. if you're going to open it up, put something forged in it.

and why did i just read a thread abtou you blowing 12k on a fully built motor setup, and now you want a stock ls?? wtf? make up your mind. lol

6. d93sol

d93sol Junior Member

i just rebuilt my d15b7 completely and it cost me close to $ it just depends on what you want450.00

7. DesertNightEagle

DesertNightEagle Senior Member

I agree with recked, get your self a nice set of connecting rods and pistons. After that, maybe spend money on headwork like a port and polish job.

8. d93sol

d93sol Junior Member

true you got nice rods and pistons your in there, those two things are really the most expensive thing to buy. port and polish head good choice!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted