engine rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

How much does it cause generallly to rebuild your motor..In my case I have a 94 integra LS..I know the LS block can handle boost and i just want to run like 10lbs or so or better yet just get my car at around 300hp..nothing serious...I know some little things i need, but all in all when you bring your car to get a rebuild, what am I generally looking at...I was going to do crazy upgrades, but im not going to the track or anything..I just want to clean up the motor and slap on a turbo for some extra power....I had a 2000 interga once and slapped on a drag turbo when i only had 10K on the car and the car was a rocket at 8lbs..
thanks
orosco

lol...your right..kind of vague question on my part..I mean a rebuild in terms of replacing all oem parts for new ones..So my engine is like new again...Like i said in a post, i had a 2000 integra with a drag kit on it and it ran so sweet and it was on a stock motor...I have a 94 teg with 110k on it..I want to rebuild it to a fresh spec like say a new integra...LS handle boost real well, so i dont really need to go all out on a rebuild when i only plan on doing 10lbs max...So its just your simple JDM rebuild...Basically I want a brand new motor and tranny.
thanks

Why so many threads? You should have combined them all into 1 large post.

Brian

taking the time to put stock ls pistons and rods into your block is a waste of time. if you're going to open it up, put something forged in it.

and why did i just read a thread abtou you blowing 12k on a fully built motor setup, and now you want a stock ls?? wtf? make up your mind. lol

Originally posted by orosco@Apr 6 2005, 07:47 PM
How much does it cause generallly to rebuild your motor..In my case I have a 94 integra LS..I know the LS block can handle boost and i just want to run like 10lbs or so or better yet just get my car at around 300hp..nothing serious...I know some little things i need, but all in all when you bring your car to get a rebuild, what am I generally looking at...I was going to do crazy upgrades, but im not going to the track or anything..I just want to clean up the motor and slap on a turbo for some extra power....I had a 2000 interga once and slapped on a drag turbo when i only had 10K on the car and the car was a rocket at 8lbs..
thanks
orosco
[post=483881]Quoted post[/post]​

i just rebuilt my d15b7 completely and it cost me close to $ it just depends on what you want450.00

I agree with recked, get your self a nice set of connecting rods and pistons. After that, maybe spend money on headwork like a port and polish job.

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Apr 27 2005, 08:41 PM
I agree with recked, get your self a nice set of connecting rods and pistons. After that, maybe spend money on headwork like a port and polish job.
[post=492251]Quoted post[/post]​

true you got nice rods and pistons your in there, those two things are really the most expensive thing to buy. port and polish head good choice!

Back