Engine Speed Limiters On Civics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tightnunphazed

What can you do to adjust the Engine Speed Limiter to make the car faster? Is it safe to remove it... or does that damage the Engine?

you can chip the ecu to remove the rev/speed limiters... but if you dont have the internal work on the engine done to back up your newfound ability to rev to 10k then you're going to blow up faster than Iraq

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 27 2003, 04:47 AM
you can chip the ecu to remove the rev/speed limiters... but if you dont have the internal work on the engine done to back up your newfound ability to rev to 10k then you're going to blow up faster than Iraq

:lol:
or just be careful

I thought the Jet Performance ECU doez that but... I found out it doesn't... sux

hahahahhah I almost choked on my lunch......you guys are too much

JET :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milan

I really shouldn't be typing this but, I got one of those "spoon" chips off E-bay... Turned out to be the best 20 bux I spent on my civic. Bumped the timing and fuel curve and removed the speed governer. I didn't get 50 HP or anything, but 20 bux to remove the governer and pull a little harder from 5000 up sounds good to me. It also set my VTEC at 5100 instead of 5800.

**Flame suit equiped** :D

was it really a spoon or just a knockoff... i am weary about buying a pre burned ecu from someone who has no idea what mods i have on my car. the lower vtec engage and remove the speed limit is a plus tho...

Back