Engine Swap, '94 Civic Breeze (Carburettor)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hedgehead

Hi all, I've just signed up and am unsure if this is the right place to post my question, so forgive me if it isnt....

But I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice on a swap that im planning on my civic.

Basically it's a '94 Civic Hatch Breeze (1.5L Carburettor).

In browsing the forums I've found the following useful info:

if you have a 92-95 civic:
easiest swaps- b16 SiR2, 94-95 b18-b/c/c1/c5, b16a3
harder swaps- b16a2, 96-01 b18-b/c/c1/c5
difficult swaps- b16a Sir1, b18a, h22, f22

I understand all civics (within that year model) allow for an easy swap (i.e. bolt in) with the B16A SiR2 and the B18C / B18C1 / B18C5 and some others...

I'm after an easy swap (as this will be my first).

I understand I'll need a fuel pump from another Integra or something similar as my Carbi doesn't have one at the moment + a kit containing engine ecu clutch etc...

As the for OBD requirements I've been reading about.. my car is Carbi, so I'm guessing it doesnt have a computer? Would this complicate things and is this conversion possible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

B16A2 Is preferable as it is cheaper and I've found a couple of JDM kits online with almost everything I need for around the 2.3k mark... Overall I'm budgetting around 3.4k (not including labour as I'll do it myself with a couple of experienced mates).

i have a 92 eg civic sedan with the same 1.5L carby engine... i was wondering what the engine model was i.e. B18a, D15Y8 etc etc and if possible what is the standard power figure

any help will be much apreciated

If it's a 1.5 liter than it's a D15. Look it up on Wikipedia for the specifics.

Also, don't bring back dead threads. Just start a new one instead...

Back