Engine Swap Need help Pls.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JdmAlldaway

Just bought a 93 civic VX hatch stock and wanted to do a complete swap. I wanted to get a b16 2nd gen. i was just wondering what's the diffefence between b16 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen? How much would they cost? Any help, im new to this...

1st is obd0...2nd is obd1....3rd is obd2

You need the second generation.....its gonna run a little less then $2K for the whole swap.

Use your VX harness and extend the three VTEC lines for oil pressure and solenoid. You will probably need to extend the O2 sensor. If you have the p30....then run the knock sensorto teh ECU (D3). If you run a chipped p28....don't need knock sensor but you should go have it tuned for air/fuel ratios mostly.

If you get the entire swap....then you should be good to go.

As for your question of what the differences are.
All the components and sensors change from 1,2,3 generations. i.e. distributor, starter, alternator, oil pump, intake manifold and it's sensors, injector plugs, ecu's, also if you buy an obd0 swap you'll probably get a cable tranny and your car is hydro. So save yourself a hassle and it's cheaper to just buy an obd2 swap like the other stated.

Back