engine swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

whats the best engine swap for a 91 civic hatch i was just wonderin what swap i can do to my hatch without having to do alot of changing stuff or is it even possible without not having to do alot of stuff i was just wanting get something with more power to put in it without to much of a hassle

Do some reading in the reference section. There's lots of info on engine swaps in there. I believe there's actually a swap guide specifically for Civics...

thanx for the info i got one ? i was reading in there about the mini me where you use the dx bottom end and use a D16Z6 or D16Y8 VTEC head is that an easy swap to do since my car is a civic dx and has the mpfi swap on it

minime is fairly easy..then a bseries swap which would be almost as easy

ok i was just seein which would be easy to do cause i got another stock 1,5 bottom end that has been just rebuilt and thought about doin the mini me for now and later down the road when i have the money to do the whole engine swap maybe the B16A or the B18A

just wondering if i got a motor out of a 91 civic si i can't think of what series it is can i swap it into my dx without many mods to get it in and would it be worth doin it

you could swap it directly in but it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Its a D16A6 non-vtec sohc engine. You'd be much better off doing a mini-me setup with your d15 bottom end. and then once you save up money, do a b-series swap later down the line

ok so i'm needing to get a d16y6 head i think thats what it is and put it on my d15 b2 was there anything thing else i need for the mini me swap

Well other then the head you would need the dizzy to that head as well as the ecu and doing the wiring. There has been plenty of people that have done this on this website along with various other places. Just google mini-me and you will get someone that has step by step instructions with pictures too.

ok i was wondering if it matters any if i already done the dpfi to mpfi swap on it would i still have to get another dizzy and ecu to do the mini me swap

already having done the dpfi-mpfi is just less work you will still need to get the dizzy and ecu for the head your using..and if your going with an obd1 head you will need the dizzy adaptor and the ecu conversion harness

Back