Engine swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Just how difficult is it to swap your engine? I've never done it the most I've done is install a cold air intake lol. I'm not talking about a straight up d series to b series or h22 I mean a new d series to replace my d that I blew up until I can afford a b series is it that difficult? I want to do it myself because shops give me estimates like $1700 to swap it I mean come on that's more than triple the value of the swap I'm buying. Is there like a how-to somewhere I can look at to do it myself? I'm swapping my d15b7 for a jdm d15b vtec. Any help is really appreciated.

I got a homey who says he can do the swap for me and his uncle has a garage with every tool you could possibly need for a car. My other homey has a shop and says he could do it. That or we could go to our high school and use their auto garage and tools. I'll figure something out ;). I should be getting this engine next month so we'll see what happens.

I looked at the how to remove your engine guide on this forum somewhere..looks waaaaaay out of my league. I hope my dude comes thru.

Last edited:
Back