1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine swaps

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 93civicracer, May 16, 2007.

1. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Just how difficult is it to swap your engine? I've never done it the most I've done is install a cold air intake lol. I'm not talking about a straight up d series to b series or h22 I mean a new d series to replace my d that I blew up until I can afford a b series is it that difficult? I want to do it myself because shops give me estimates like $1700 to swap it I mean come on that's more than triple the value of the swap I'm buying. Is there like a how-to somewhere I can look at to do it myself? I'm swapping my d15b7 for a jdm d15b vtec. Any help is really appreciated.

2. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

I got a homey who says he can do the swap for me and his uncle has a garage with every tool you could possibly need for a car. My other homey has a shop and says he could do it. That or we could go to our high school and use their auto garage and tools. I'll figure something out ;). I should be getting this engine next month so we'll see what happens.

I looked at the how to remove your engine guide on this forum somewhere..looks waaaaaay out of my league. I hope my dude comes thru.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted