Engine Trouble! Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i own a 90 hatchback Si, when i first bought it before winter it ran fine.now after it sat all winter, it will start and idle but when i go to rev it or give it some gas, once it gets to about 2500 rpm it dies down and starts suckin just air,it does`nt stall but it boggs out. it sound like its not getting enough fuel. ive already put new plugs in,distributor&rotor,wires,fuel filter,pcv valve,injectors // its still runnin lik that.

if anyone has some tips or anything please post!!!!!

thanx

Originally posted by Lowered_Expectations@Apr 13 2003, 06:30 PM
liquid00meth:

ya i still have the stock box intake, the check engine lite has not came on or anything!

Well if you left it all winter, check your airbox and make sure that there isn't an animal nest of some sort in there. I used to work at a car dealership, it used to happen more often than people think. Be sure to check your radiator and coolant system.

liquid00meth:

ya i had the box off the other day, its fine and the coolant levels are fine too!

i don`t know what is could be

thanx man

keep the ideas coming!

Whats' probably happened if you didn't put any gas stabalizer in your fuel you have gotten varnish build up on the injectors or some other part of the fuel system. drain your fuel , put a bottle of high end injector cleaner in it with about 1/2 or 1/3 of a tank of fuel in it run it for a while at idle , then try to drive it as much as possible ( don't push it ) hopefully this will clear up your problem

IT PROBABLY NEEDS A DISTRIBUTOR, MY B16A CRANK SENSOR FAILED CHECK THE BIG PLUG ON YOUR DISTIBUTORAND SEE WITHA OHM METER IS THERE IS CONTINUITY WITH ANY OF THE PINS AND THE BODY OF THE DISTRIBUTOR

Back