Epoxies that work on hard plastic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

My neighbor's generator developed a crack on the fuel tank. Initially, I recommended just replacing it, but it costs $137(ridiculous for a plastic fuel tank). He wants me to fix it for him and I'm thinking about using JB Weld or some other adhesive. Has anyone tried JB Weld on hard plastic or know of any epoxies(that are resistant to gas) that'll work?

Last edited:
i would think that the two part epoxy (i think its made by jb weld, or they have one) would work.
i would give it a shot, if it doesnt work, just try another one when it fails.

Not sure what common adhesive would work. Be careful with which one you use as the gas might break it down and clog shit up

The last time I used JB weld on a Fuel Pressure Regulator It ended up leaking on me.. And from what I have heard it doesn't hold up to gas very well... There is a special puddy they make for gas tank repairs but its for a metal tank not sure how well it works on plastic..

they sell special epoxies at napa etc specifically for fuel tanks that won't feel the burn from the gas
get that shit
it worked great on my old mans lawn mower after i dropped the just sharpened blade right down the side of the gas tank

Back