erratic idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
ok, after doing my d16z6 swap, my car was running perfectly (around november here in Colorado). but when it started to get cold, it started idling really wierd. on a cold start, like from overnight for school in the morning, it idles at around 3000 rpm. then it starts to lower a bit, but then it starts this mess. it drops down to about 700 or so (which i believe that's where it should be) but then it goes to 3000 or higher and drops down, etc. it does this whenever it is in neutral. when i drive it around, it will eventually lower but still fluctuates. when the high point is lower than 2000 it stops dropping down, and then goes to about 1000 and eventually goes to normal idle. this is after maybe 30 min or so of driving around.

the thing i wonder is this. when we did the swap there was 1 vacuum line a little to the right of the vtec solenoid that runs to the throttle body that doesn't have something to connect to. we looked all over, and on my cx throttle body. on the cx it went right behind the throttle cable. but i have no clue where it goes, so we put a hose on it, and plugged the hose. i need to know if it's an air or water hose and if anyone knows of where to find a vacuum diagram so maybe i can get this thing figured out. everyone thinks i am piping them when i have it in neutral, and it's rather annoying. the other thing is that i'm not throwing a check engine light, so that's rather strange too. any help would be greatly appreciated sorry for the lengthy-ness

its because of the cold man....u cant really fix that problem besides let your engine warm up best before driving.....I have the same problem here in massachusetts and its because its below 0 degrees... my motor hasnt reved to 3000 but when i stop at a light or stop signs the motor idle takes a dive and goes down and back up to 1 and down....and does this continuously untill the motor has been running for awhile

thanks, guys. but now the question goes to the vacuum hose i can't find a home for. would anyone be able to help me find out what it goes to?

Back