erratic idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

My idle bounces pretty bad once in a while and sometimes the motor dies. could the air idle control be sticking shut or would it be something else? it also smells very rich while it's bouncing. my 240 always smells rich but not as bad as when it's bouncing.

i read somewhere that someone was having idle problems because their cooling system had air in it. everytime an air bubble would pass the thermostat, the water temp reading would drop and the idle would surge. my water temp gauge always bounces when there is engine movement because of a bad connection i think. could that be the reason my idle is surging?

i'd look into flushing your whole system and bleed out the air.. just keep in mind, that nissans do this. my car stalls just about everytime i start it because it can't get fuel right right off the bat. turn it over again, and it starts right up- everytime.

interesting i never had this problem...

i had some busted vac lines on my 240, that created an idle surge. got em fixed it went away.

Back