Erratic Tach At 4k Rpms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok..about 2 weeks ago i noticed that my tach was going apeshit betwen 4K - 5K rpm when i am accelerating hard. it doesnt seem to do it as much when i accelerate slowly. i checked the plug gaps and condition. my NGK plugs are only about 2 mo.s old. my OEM plug wires are only about 4 mo.s old..and still fit nice and snug. i have also used alot of fuel injector cleaner stuff thinking it was clogged injectors. i am thinking my distributor is needing a rebuild??? just a wild guess. any suggestions?

also, the car is not running as strong as it did a few weeks ago.

thanks for any suggestions

BTW, this is an 89 crx dx (D15)

hey man sorry i cant reply to u but i have the same problem goin on with mine, i have the 89 CRX hf, so hopefully u find out wut urs is so i can look on here lol ... later bro :)

I had the same problem on my 91 crx. I just replaced the cap and rotor and it Fixed the problem.

Originally posted by cerx@Apr 28 2003, 03:09 PM
I had the same problem on my 91 crx. I just replaced the cap and rotor and it Fixed the problem.

That fixed it! thanks! :thumbsup: i didnt think it could be my cap and rotor because they were only about 4 months old. damn honda oem crap.

lol

actually, i had used borg & warner caps and rotors before (from pep boys) and they lasted about 4 times longer than that honda one i bought from the dealer. in fact, i never had that erratic tach problem before. i usually just changed my cap and rotor because they had soooo many miles on them.

Back