Exact hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
So I'm sitting here at work, and I start wondering about if there is an exact hp calculation. As in for honda motors, is there a typical percentage of hp to the wheels as to what's rated at the crank? Example: Let's take a JDM itr motor, it's rated 205-210 now to get how much of that power is actually going to the wheels, would you subtract 10%, 20%, or 30%?

Just one of those random questions.

I've always wondered how much is lost prior to the drivetrain. You only hear about drivetrain loss.

What about the torque produced that goes into spinning the weight of the crank, rods, fly, clutch, etc too.

Too bad earth sucks, can't ever have 100% efficiency.

well, this is why you get a light flywheel and all that stuff done. try to get as much hp to the ground as possible.

well, this is why you get a light flywheel and all that stuff done. try to get as much hp to the ground as possible.

Yeah that's my three year plan... if the engine don't blow up.

but i was just wondering what kind of losses were there. I know I've seen stock 99-00 Si's dyno 145ish to the ground, so 15 hp drivetrain loss isn't that bad at all.

after i get my shit painted the next mods i'm doing are lightweight flywheel and Stg1 Exedy.. .. possibly a CTR N1 crank pulley.. i dont use the other belts anyways so why not..

Back