1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust for a jrsc in a 99si gsr swap??

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by jman844, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jman844

jman844 New Member

Just finished the swap; have a Kamakazi header for the (si) but now after the swap the downpipe is just short of my header...what header should I go with...going to be running 11psi of boost. Have a thermal cat back (minus the cat :rolleyes:) & skunk test pipe. Should I find a taller downpipe or get a new header?What would be best for hp???

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

I had the same problem on my simmilar setup. Lengthen the catback. Assuming that the catback is 60mm, a 2.5" pipe will slip right over. It's a super easy job for a muffler shop. Check out the build thread in my signature. Near the end is my header install where I had to do this modification. There are pics included.

Keep the Kamikaze header. It is by far the best bang for the buck for jrsc cars. The gains felt massive compared to when I had the stock header.

3. jman844

jman844 New Member

Thanks for the help with the exhaust...worked perfect. What did you do for the throttle cable. I have the gsr throttle cable mount (which bolts onto the throttle body) but the gsr throttle cable is just too short; fully loose it puts on tension that keeps the throttle body half way open. Any ideas??

4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

I believe that I used the gsr cable with no problems

5. jman844

jman844 New Member

Looks like I'll have to fab somethin' up. Out of curiosity, (since we have simuliar setups) what kind of quarter time can I expect? What do you run? Thanks once again for the help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted