exhaust for b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djN3M3SIS

ok i recently swapped in a b16 into my 93 civic coupe.
and when i took it to emissions to get my tags updated, they said it wasnt blowing out enough exhaust. said it could be a hole in it somewhere.
when im looking for an exhaust to i get one that matches the engine or the car?
and any ideas which ones?

thanks any info would help

I would get one that does both ....

You need one that fits the contours of your car's underbody and is the correct length.. so that it will bolt up to the cat or the end of your headers...

but you also need one that is the correct diameter.. to have the correct amount of exhaust flow for your b16(a,b

The stock b16b (civic type r) from japan has 2.5" piping however it measures out to be 60mm or about 2.38"

So.... assuming that you probably have a b16a you should go with a 2.25" or 2.5" diameter pipe..

I would check out Kteller.com
take a look at their bolt up piping systems and then go order a universal muffler from somewhere.
be sure to get stainless steel...

This is where I ordered my exhaust It will get here on the 6th or 7th and I will let you know what I think of it.
after a little test drive
:rally:

The easiest thing to do would be to buy a universal muffler, and then find a local shop to do your piping. Most shops will charge around $100 for the piping, and your muffler will all depend on what brand you want to go with. If you are a bit strapped for cash, you can find cheapo knockoffs on ebay for less than $100

Match your header to your motor, Match your exhaust to your chassis, and then have a test pipe made or highflow cat.

Back