exhaust header studs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

i just started to work on my gsr swap and one of the header studs is broken off but still has about 1/2 and inch sticking out. I was just wanting to know which hand thred they are so i can back it out with vise grips or something. and for the extra point can anyone tell me if the studs are oem only parts or can you get them at auto zone or somewhere else...?

left hand (normal) thread. and i know ARP makes the studs for exhaust manifolds. (20 ft/lbs is the torque on those things). If you have access to the snap on truck, they make stud removers. i broke three of my exhaust manifold studs and those things helped SOOOO much.

Quoted post[/post]]
left hand (normal) thread. and i know ARP makes the studs for exhaust manifolds. (20 ft/lbs is the torque on those things). If you have access to the snap on truck, they make stud removers. i broke three of my exhaust manifold studs and those things helped SOOOO much.

ok thanks. i need to know before i tryed to take the broke one out and fucked the head up...!!!! and yeah the snap on guy is bringing me a pully pulller thursday so i will just get a stud remover then. thanks again

there are two kits for the stud removers (5 sockets in each set) make sure you get the right one.

ive got some studs in my paperweight LS head, $5 and ill send em all to you. i think i got like 7 or 8 intake studs...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ive got some studs in my paperweight LS head, $5 and ill send em all to you. i think i got like 7 or 8 intake studs...

man if i knew this before i went and got mine then i would have for sure gotten them. Thanks for the offer...

damn you i really could have used the $5... JP.... g/l

Back