Exhaust Mani for 00 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riley37

HI,

I have 00 Civic DX. I can't find an exhaust manifold for it. Because of the way the Cat is set up and the use of 2 O2 sensors no one makes an aftermarket mani. Is it possible to put and EX mani on it and put in a new cat that has 2 O2 sensor holes. Is there anther way to do this a keep the car smog compliant

Thanks

Mike

Do you have to worry about smog?

If not, then put the EX header on and go straight pipe (no space for cat). You'll have to add spot for the second O2.

Or you can do the above and have shop cut/weld in cat to the stock system.

If you do have smog, then you'll have to convert to a full EX exhaust system. This is because the cat is after the header.

Thanks! I do have to be smog legal. So a full EX header with a new cat is what need? I know I can get a cat that has 2 O2 sensor bungs in it already.

Thanks again

Mike

One last quick question, if I do a mini-swap, I only need one O2 sensor since the D16y8 head and ECU only uses one O2, correct?

Thanks again

No, the second O2 is still behind the cat on the EX models. The wires run behind the motor, the only one you see is the first one that is on the header it self. You have to look behind the motor or from under the car to see the second one, cause that's were their cats located. So you still need two O2's no matter what or you get a check engine light.

Back