1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust opinions

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 93chaosdx, Aug 21, 2007.

1. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

hey my swap is complete. and the new task is exhaust. right now i have no piping on at all and it sounds quite mean. i dont want anything to get fucked up though. will it fuck up if i run no exhaust? my other option was to run 3" straight piping to an exhaust canister. i am still debating which one to get. i dont want it to sound ricey. something with a deep nice tone that sounds great through the rpm range.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

take the car ot a muffler shop and tell them you want a catback exhaust made .. a Magnaflow doesnt sound bad on a 4 banger... if you already have a cat. conv. then it'll probably run about $250-$300 .. you may want a resonator also so it doesnt get too raspy

3. S14Civic

S14Civic New Member

magnaflow is good.....its not ricey...at least the one i had on my hatch wasnt....umm im personally a fan of the oem look though....the flowmaster exhaust is prety nice...def my fav...its quiet ad idle but sounds real good at higher rpm's ...not to mention if looks semi stock so the cops dont bother u....the cops are a pain in the ass where i live..hope that helps

4. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

yea. im just running with the header. it sounds bad ass but its way way too loud.

5. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

i dont know about the mangnaflow, i have heard some sound clips and they dont sound that great, any opinions on the n1 or evo2?

6. formby

formby learning in progress

in my sig thread there a video of my lsv with a magnaflow custom exhaust put together in this order.

4-1focuz header, 2.25" riffled resonator 24", 2.5" magnaflow round style muffler 24", 2.5" piping, oval 2.5" magnaflow muffler painted black for an oem look.

7. formby

8. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

if i order a exhaust setup for a 92-95 civic will it still fit since i have swapped in a b18c?

9. formby

yes, you might have to extend or cut to fit the longer/shorter header

10. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

you know the apexi world sport is pretty nice, as is the greddy street performance

11. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

my buddy has the megan racing catback on his lude and it sounds really good. i might go with that with a skunk 2 test pipe

12. reaperman63

reaperman63 New Member

i have a greddy cat back exhaust and a high flow cat(doesnt really do anything just keeps me from getting a ticket cops here are dicks and will check to make sure ur running a cat) and the cat back kit went right on didnt have to mod anything to make it fit... and it makes my ls vtec sound mean when i get on it.... and has a nice crackle when i let off the gas... doesnt sound like a ricer at all im very happy with it

13. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Apexi WS gets my vote, been running one for over five years now.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted