Exhaust Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
First off, sorry for the extremely noobish question. Anyways, my LS Integra coupe seems to have a rather large hole in the exhaust pipe. When you turn the car on you can see exhaust coming out (not smoking or anything, I'm in Michigan and it's cold here) from underneath the car right before the passenger side rear wheel. Also, it's got that crappy loud beater exhaust sound, so I'm fairly certain there's a good-sized hole there.

My question is, is there any reason why this needs to be fixed at the moment? Besides the extra noise, are there any adverse effects this is going to have on the car if I just let it go until the weather is nicer? I'm asking because I plan adding a header and full stainless catback once the weather has warmed up. If there's no reason to replace the exhaust now other than the noise, then I'm not going to waste any money on a new OEM exhaust or a patch job. If it's going to screw up my car somehow though, then I'll do something about it.

Thoughts??

its fine.....the only reason id fix it is if you started to get fumes in side the car......but it sounds like it is far enough back you wont have to worry....

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah it's far enough back that I don't think there's any danger of fumes coming inside, and there's no emissions testing or inspections of any kind in Michigan, so I don't think it will be a problem as far as getting fined. I'll probably just let it go for a while then while I decide which header and catback I want.

Thanks again.

Back