Exhaust question after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KRUSH GROOVE

I recently did a B20 swap on my 924dr Eg. The car looks stock so I would say it is kind of a sleeper. I've been driving around with an open header gettin tickets cause I ain't have enough to get it fixed. I was gonna wait till I had the money to get the whole 2&1/4 piping but the other day I said fuck it and got the stock LS headers connected to my cat by a muffler shop. I notice that I lost some power running a stock DX exhaust but the car still pulled an I'm feelin the way the torque surprises people with a quiet car. I plan on putting on a vtec head, and I was wondering if this would lose 2much hp and would it choke/harm the engine. Let's say I would have 185whp straight pipe, and 165whp stock exhaust I'm fuckin wit it, worst come to worst I'll get a teg or prelude stock system(cat pipe&muffler w DC4-1). Aight I know I type alot but give me some opinions.

Search around for used exhaust systems. You can get them pretty cheap- if not, the worst case scenario would be you going to a muffler shop and having them crush bend one for you (get 2.5" pipe) with a resonator and muffler for something like $200. Your stock exhaust isn't going to hurt anything, but it will severely limit your power.

Originally posted by KRUSH GROOVE@Mar 6 2005, 07:38 AM
I recently did a B20 swap on my 924dr Eg. The car looks stock so I would say it is kind of a sleeper. I've been driving around with an open header gettin tickets cause I ain't have enough to get it fixed. I was gonna wait till I had the money to get the whole 2&1/4 piping but the other day I said fuck it and got the stock LS headers connected to my cat by a muffler shop. I notice that I lost some power running a stock DX exhaust but the car still pulled an I'm feelin the way the torque surprises people with a quiet car. I plan on putting on a vtec head, and I was wondering if this would lose 2much hp and would it choke/harm the engine. Let's say I would have 185whp straight pipe, and 165whp stock exhaust I'm fuckin wit it, worst come to worst I'll get a teg or prelude stock system(cat pipe&muffler w DC4-1). Aight I know I type alot but give me some opinions.
[post=469815]Quoted post[/post]​

if you can afford a vtec head in the future then you can afford an exhaust...
there pretty cheap nowdays..and if you want quiet but gives performance go with apexi worldsport...they have real deep tone...and Ive seen them on hondaswap for 250 used around there

Originally posted by tphan4+Mar 6 2005, 12:03 PM-->
KRUSH GROOVE
@Mar 6 2005, 07:38 AM
[post=469815]Quoted post[/post]​

if you can afford a vtec head in the future then you can afford an exhaust...
there pretty cheap nowdays..and if you want quiet but gives performance go with apexi worldsport...they have real deep tone...and Ive seen them on hondaswap for 250 used around there
[post=469866]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not that I won't be able to afford an exhaust later on. It's just that I've been toying with the idea of having a silent killer. Especially being that I have a stock looking 4dr with just HX's. That would make it a little more fun. Almost enough to lose 15 to 20whp that's only if my hp is real high to begin with. But I think I'll get the piping done with a resonator and a stock GSR, Type R, or Prelude muffler, so I don't have that big ass tin can that will give the indication I'm a racer. I love for people to sleep and think I'm a ricer with a D15B7. That's why I bought a 4dr.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 6 2005, 05:24 PM
Run a QTEC exhaust cutout.
[post=469992]Quoted post[/post]​

Or find some way to rig a yamaha EXUP valve before the cat :p . I've been thinking alot about those motorcycle exhaust valves of late. It will probably make your car more quiet while idling, plus there is extra performance to be had in backpressure control.

Back