1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust trouble....

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Sergey P.A., Jul 2, 2004.

1. Sergey P.A.

Sergey P.A. Senior Member

ok here is the thing,

I installed a: Greddy SP 1 piping with 2 1/4 catalitic converter, and some mufler, the mufler was about 150 $ so nothing fancy, like you see I had to wild all this,

I didn't do this, but my uncle did it,

now I turn the car on, and from the rance of about 2-3 thousand RPM, my engine sound like is one of these old ass Datsun trucks, and I don't know why, and the exhaust is very loud in the engine are, which is not suppouse to happen, I think that I have a leak or a hole in my exhaust,

what you think, can it be the 2 1/4 catalitic converter.... does somebody have similar mods, I also have a short ram intake, and its a GSR

somebody please help, because if I will have a sound like that I will just go to stock again :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

2. Sergey P.A.

Sergey P.A. Senior Member

somebody please help, :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

3. Import R

Import R Senior Member

I'd say check your connections between each section. Sounds like something didn't seat properly and you are getting some exhaust leak. I don't know about the greddy kit, but you may need a gasket for the pipes to fit properly and eliminate the sound.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted