1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 9inch, Jun 2, 2004.

1. 9inch

9inch Member

i finally got my b16a1 hooked up, but i don't have an exhaust. i got rid of the crap that was there previously. i was looking at having a custom exhaust made from midus or somewhere like that. the idea of a turbo may come into play in the future, so keep that in mind. i was thinking 2.5 inch piping from the header back. what do you guys think? midus won't put on a high flow cat, is that a huge deal. i only plan on using it for street use. also what brand of aftermarket muffler would work best with this set up. i do have a dc 4 into 1 header too. i was looking at a apex n1, but the inlet is something like 60 mm which i think is way to huge. what models have a smaller 2.5 inlet. i really don't want to spend more than 500 dollars on the whole exhaust because i still need to buy new wheels and tires. somebody help me out!!!

2. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

RS*R ExMagII. its about 500 and totally killer.

the 60mm inlet on the N1 is designed for NA cars, unless you are talkin about the turbo version, (which i think is 80mm)

i got mine custom bent 2.25 with an E-bay muffler and it only ran me about $200.

3. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Invidia use to make RSR full cat back 2.5" for $400 and well worth it sounds great and it also gave me some top end power.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted