Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zero2sixtyin3

89 EF Hatch D15B2 w/ 5spd
what would be a good exhaust system to get for my 95 Accord Ex 4dr. I dont want it to have the lawnmower sound. what size pipes because Im going to be staight piping it so I might have to get custom exhaust done. if so what size pipes would be good to improve both horsepower and torque because I wanna keep the backpressure. Ive been told if its too big there wont be any back pressurereducing torque and I dont want that. if I dont need custom exhaust then which should I get and where do I get A Cat-deleter pipe? any Info would be Appreciated. Im getting it done friday.

whoever told you back pressure creates torque straight up lied to you. 2.5" pipe will be more than enough for a stock accord or h22 accord. Id actually recommend going with RS*R ExMag if you can find it. Its not loud an obnoxious, its just bass filled and mellow...kinda like good jungle trance :))).

As for removing the cat, i wouldnt. Id recommend just finding a metallic core cat from someone like magnaflow. The increase in power using a test pipe is minimal (like 2 hp) when compared with the metallic high flow cats (ceramic cats are another story).

If you MUST remove your cat, youll probably find a test pipe on ebay.

which one are you refering the GT2 or just the ExMag? and also whom should I buy headers? greddy, DC Sports or what?

And would you happen to know the best plugs and wires to get? I was thinking the NGK Iridium plugs with 8.5 mm NGK wires and possibly a new distributor and coil but dont know anything about those. and do you have any Idea what a good height to drop it would be i was thinking 2 inches? because its at stock height right now with 17's on it and I think they are coilovers but ive never seen coilovers like that so maybe they are just springs, Im not really sure since they came with the car. and if thats the case i know they are already set to drop only so far. but should I drop it first or after I get the exhaust or will it even matter?

Last edited:
APEX-i worldsport is the exhaust system to go with.....known horsepower gains and has a really nice, mild,deep tone, and definaltey dont remove the cat, if anything get a high flow car but dont completely remove it, for one , you car is going to smell like rotten eggs anytime you drive it and 2, removing the cat completely is going to cause a lack in backpressure. unless your runnin some boost or something you have to maintain some kind of backpressure but not that much

Back