F Series In A 94 Sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

will an F series fit in my sol. i was thinking of building another D series, but now that i see that i can get a F series With alot of torque for $600 with the tranny, now i want to do that. thanks (oh, and dont say to swap it for a B series, i like SOHC)

Same deal as an H22,you need mounts and shiftlinkage,a combo of prelude/accord axles and (custom) teg axles.

do you know exactly what i will need, as for axels and mounts? and what compant makes mounts fro that? would i use h22 mounts? (the tranny comes with the motor for $600)

Mounts definitely is HAsport.For the axles call Raxles,Mardi has the 411 on what fits and it isn't the usual advice you hear on the boards.People say use the teg halfshaft,but they are too short and don't fully snap in.anyway talk to him and he will hook you up with the info.1 (888) 257-8192 tell him John in Germany sent you.

it's a LOT of money for not much gain. even with the motor for 600 bucks, it will still be cheaper to get an SiR2 in there and running.

you need the mount kit, the cable conversion, and so forth. generally, it costs about 1000-1500 bucks to get an h or f-series in a civic, not including the motor/tranny.

IMO, its not worth it. But thats your own call.

F in a Sol , I say go for it!!

I'm in the process of putting a F in my hatch.
Everyone tell me it's a bad idea.
I bought the HCP mounts. Way cheaper than Hasport and I've headr only good comments.

Remember, there's no replacement for displacement :D

No civic or Integra motor have the torque of the F

Let me know!

Simon

sorry to dis the above post but the reason why everyone is telling it is a bad Idea is because It is. Engine/tranny = 600, rest of the shit you need, 3-4x 600. The F series tranny sucks, the engine is not made for performance and is a total waste of money. As b. said, an SiRII swap in there will cost you less, be a hell of alot easier, not screw up handling, have more hp, have WAY more available performance parts, Have a much better tranny. I can go on...

If your going to go for the big block, at least get the h22

There is a reason that the F series swap is so cheap. Just ask dohcvtec_accord what it was like to try and pull some power out of the F series...

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 5 2003, 09:50 PM
There is a reason that the F series swap is so cheap. Just ask dohcvtec_accord what it was like to try and pull some power out of the F series...

:woo:

It sucked. I spent quite a bit of cash on it, and I was still slow. Granted, you're dropping this engine into a way lighter car than mine is, but you're going to be stuck as far as performance goes, unless you have some big bucks to squeeze some power out of the thing, by way of turbo or n/a. Good luck.

Back