f1 stage 1 clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

was wondering whats ur thought about me putting this clutch on my 91 ef si jdm b18c...or does anyone have experience with the f1 clutches...thanx in advance

Arn't those an ebay clutch? I'd stay away. Just get an exedy stock replacement. They are cheap, and OEM quality.

some people have told me its better than exedy...thats y i was curious...and the flywheel has 9.75 lbs...but thanx for ur input...anybody else...and i found it at a shop called gripforce which sells only clutch kits and flywheels...

I've used Gripforce, twice.

No problems here, but the stage 1 clutches are pretty much stock replacement, so don't expect anything special. I believe they are Daiken clutches. As far as "stage 2" and up, I've heard a couple of horror stories.

ya i heard horror stories with stage 2 and 3 clutches from f1...i purchased the stage 1 and flywheel today and gonna install it tomorrow...i was curious is there a break in period???

just 100 miles...i thought it was a 1000 miles...anybody else agree???

It depends on the brand/compound. I've heard of about 800-1000mi for racing clutches, 200-300 for some ACT street clutches, etc. This "stage 1" kit is pretty much an OE replacement and doesn't need as much break in as racing clutches. Though, a longer break-in won't hurt.

Im currently running a F1 stage 3 6 puck. so far about 30k miles on it and I abuse the shit out of it, Didnt even break it in.

I wouldnt recommend it unless you get it super cheap like I did.

Just waiting for it to go out and then its time for a clutch masters 4 puck sprung!

well i got the stage 1 clutch kit and flywheel 9.75 pounds for $241.00 at gripforce...kewl???

Back