F20a 2.0 dohc swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gon4lo

I have a 90 accord that has had the f20 a dohc swap done. And now I am having alot of problems.

1, no fire to the plugs

2, wiring harness leaves several plugs on the engine unused. (have pics)

3, lack of any available info on the net for the motor

Any help on this thing would be appreciated. I am new to this forum and from what I have seen so far you all are free willing to help others.

thanks

Hey if your not getting spark it could be your distributor. Take the cap off and look inside. I had one go on my h22. The bearings went. The plugs that are left over could be various emission stuff that you may not have or what not. just try getting the small stuff done first and see what it leaves you with. one step at a time!

if he doesnt have spark! Im assuming it wont start. So he probable wouldnt be able to get a code! Unless he had it running before!

true, I really shoulda thought of that. I'm just wondering if any of his "unused plugs" are near the distributor. Maybe the wiring didn't line up and he's not getting power there in the first place.

did you use your f22 engine harness?

It can't be stressed enough, that the easiest way to do swaps is to reuse your stock engine harness and work from there..

I tried at first to use the harness that came with the motor. It had the wrong main plugs. So under advisment from the people I got the motor from I switched to the stock harness.

I swapped them and started at the beging and hooked up everything as it should be. All the way til I ran out of plugs on the harness. I have found out that the three that are unhooked are the knock sensor,cam or tdc sensor,and a temp sensor. And out of those the cam and knock are important but would not cause the car not to fire. Isn't that right?

The f22 that was in the car did the same thing before tha swap. It lost all power and was not getting spark. Could it be an ecu problem? I noticed that someone has direct wired the fans to a wiring harness at the fire wall. And from past experience I know that this can do nothing but cause you problems.

I do have a few pics and if you email me I will send them to you.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Also, Knock and Temp sensors will not keep your car from running. But, I believe the TDC sensor is in the distributor, and since you don't have spark, that might be a strong clue. Knock sensor is above the oil filter. There are a few temp switches(2), a temp sender for your dash, and one sensor for your ECU. Which ECU are you using? I'm not sure that an F22 ECU would run your engine well, but I know you should be able to drive with it just fine. My H22 ran ok with the F22 ECU, but it would never be optimal. I would ask the geniuses in the ECU forum about your ECU, and what would be best.

Back