f20b auto trans in a 96 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doing a swap of a f20 b in a 96 accord auto trans. it cant be converted to manual because my girl drives the car when im at work. got to the part where we were almost done and we ran into wiring problems. any help with trouble shooting would be appreciated.

First of all I would teach the gf how to drive a manual it takes about 2 hours if their decently coordinated. Second tell us what the symptoms are and we'll be glad to help.

bump for teaching her to drive a manual... you could probably afford a stage 3 clutch to withstand her learning process for cheaper than solving this problem. just a thought. also... the auto tranny f20b makes less power than the manual version - do you know which one you have?

either way... best of luck dude.

:werd:

It seems like there have been a ton of posts like this lately.

"Yeah I wanna put a turbo H22 in my Civic but my girl doesn't want to learn to drive stick, so I gotta keep it automatic yo!! Can somebody help me out?!?!?"

If you're going to spend YOUR money to put a swap in YOUR car then tell your girlfriend / friend / mom / other random whiny bitch who can't drive a manual transmission and is unwilling to take a few hours to learn to either 1.) learn how to drive a stick, or 2.) simply DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR!!

[/rant]

the car is hers because i bought the car for her. SHE paid for the motor not me and said she wanted to hang with me and my freinds. the car is a obd2a electrical system and the engine is obd2b. plus the girl is not all that cordenated and has a attention problem so thats why we are keeping it auto. first of the car has the wrong computer. it was the one off of the tip tronics trans. we need to know which computer will work with that motor and a regular auto. the motor also has no crank sensor. its my understanding that it needs one to run. the car also has an "imobilizing" sensor on the car. im not totaly sure what other problems we are talking about but if anyone has done this i would like to know what other problems are and if i can finish this damn car. we have never had problems like this with other cars. also DO NOT order anything from JDM CUSTOMS. thier service was crap. it took them a month to send use the right trans and now we cant even get in touch with them to get the right computer. they see my number and dont answer or call back. ill never do business with them again. but if anyone can give me any other suggestions than teacher how to drive a stick it would be a help. i do wish i could teach her how though. thanks

So I'm assuming you've got the F20B transmission as well as the motor then? Sorry for the dumb question, just clarifying. It's still not gonna be super fast, but at least it will be better than using the slushbox from the old motor.

And about your girl, does she have super mega ADD or what, lol?? Wow, I just can't believe it's that bad as to where she can't learn how to drive a stick. The initial learning is the tough part; after you've got some practice it becomes second nature.

Anyways, I've never dealt with anything like this, so I'm gonna check out of this thread. Good luck getting it to work, and I'll be sure to stay away from JDM Customs.

i dont know about A.D.D but she is pretty absent minded and i just dont want to have a twisted pecie of crap that used to be an accord siting in the yard. but all i can do right now work on what we think is the problems (we as in me and about 6 of my freinds that are mechanicly inclined to this sort of work) . i have never have a car fight against us like this. but i will keep up on what the project is doing. also the trans is off the regular euro accrod auto not the sport shift or tip tronics trans. so the gearing is like the prelude auto trans so the takeoff will be somewhat quicker. i also have thrown around the idea of turboing that motor at a later date but right now we are just trying to get the damn thing running. i also have seen alot of people claiming that parts are going to be hard to find for this motor. we did a little research and the only parts that are hard if not impossible to find are internals. prelude bolt on parts can be ordered for this motor and will fit. we know because my buddy has a 94 lude motorin a 92 accord and we swapped out his header for mine and the bolt pattern was exactly the same. most of you already know this but just saying for the ones that dont.

Yeah you should be able to find all the basic parts for it. There's usually a US equivalent motor that is similar enough to work when you're looking for parts for a JDM motor. I remember seeing a nice chart once in a book of what USDM spec motors are good parts donors for JDM motors, I think it was in Aaron Bonk's "Guide to Honda Engine Swaps" or whatever it's called. Good info there.

Anyways, good luck!

solved the computer and wiring problems (i think). got with hmotorsonline.com and the told me the computer for a 94 obd1 prelude would work so we ordered it and a pig tail to convert down. we'll see if it works and let you guys know.

Back