f20b in a 95 cord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
I am about to purchased a jdm F20b obd2 swap. I have been reading alot on the H22 swap and needed to know if all the stock mounts would work. Also, will the harness off of the F22b1 that was in my car work on the F20b? I know the engine is obd2, but is there a way I can convert it back to 1 without doing a bunch of wiring? Will stock 95 ex axles work for the swap or do I use something else? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I know the stock accord ex axles work b/c that's what i'm using. I have the H22a in my 94 ex coupe. It's been in for like three months now and everything is fine. the drive is smooth and everything, like a new car.

I figured they would since the stock ex trans would bolt to the H22, but wasn't sure if they could handle the abuse of more power. What mounts did you use? I heard the drivers side mount had to be one from a Prelude but doing the F20b, I figured since it came from an accord the stock ex would work. Also, did you use your ex harness? Did everything plug in?

I ordered that driver side mount that hasport makes for that swap. It's 149, and i'm pretty sure you will need it as well or you will need a Prelude mount and they say you need to do some cutting on that mount. But the hasport is a direct fit with no cutting, works like a stock mount. Once I got that mount I used all my Accord mounts. Yes I did use my ex harness. It was plug and play. All I had to do was add the wires for IAB and Knock sensors and extend a few wires that needed to be extended since these motors all a little wider. The only check engine light code I through was the egr because it needs cleaning which I need to go ahead and do because I'm ready for it to go off.

IAB Intake Air Bypass sensor, yes you can do away with it, if you are not using the stock ecu. also you can bypass the knock sensor if you are not using the stock ecu

So I wonder if I can use an obd1 H22 ecu for the F20b. That is my only snag is I really would like to retain as much stock harness as possible. If I used an obd1 ecu I wouldnt need to do much wiring right?

you won't rev as high as the F20b is capable of. The f20b is a destroked h22. It has the same hp but less tq. h22 has more power but you wont get the effect of the motor. For it to run right you will need to get a tuned ecu to run this motor right and effecient. You can use your same wiring harness and do the necessary modifications to it for the motor. I suggest getting a tuned ecu.

That is true. So should I find an obd2 or 1 ecu to get tuned. I always heard obd1 was easier.

obd1 is worlds easier. the stock obd2b ecu for F20B is impossible to tune from everything I've read.

if your accord is a 95 my guess is its still obd1. you best bet would be to go with the h22 swap is more of a strat forward swap in obd1. i am doing the f20 swap in a 96 obd2a accord and the is alot of extra wiring for the obd2b system. it would have been easier if it was standered though. but a freind of mine has a 95 with a h22 and all we needs to do is switch out the a 16 and a23 pins on the ecu. their for the o2 sensor and the egr valve and his vtec would work. but he is kind of stupid and wont spend the $40 for the book to tell him how to fix it.

Back