F20c in 1996-1997 accord??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Considering that many of the honda engines are basically the same when it comes to the series of the engine, and taking that the 96-97 accords had F series engines, is it possible to swap in an s-2000 engine, bolt it to the tranny and make it work?? I am not worried about wiring or anything, I am just basically worried about if it works.
I really just want to know if it bolts to the F series transmission, and if the engine runs the same direction as the accord engine (so that it doesn't run backwords)

Someone please let me know!

the f20c sits in the s2000 with the tranny facing the rear of the car(like a supra motor). the F20C will not fit the accord

Originally posted by welfare@Jan 6 2005, 06:47 PM
Considering that many of the honda engines are basically the same when it comes to the series of the engine, and taking that the 96-97 accords had F series engines, is it possible to swap in an s-2000 engine, bolt it to the tranny and make it work?? I am not worried about wiring or anything, I am just basically worried about if it works.
I really just want to know if it bolts to the F series transmission, and if the engine runs the same direction as the accord engine (so that it doesn't run backwords)

Someone please let me know!
[post=442230]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, will not work

The only two similarities that those engines share is the "F" code. Everything else is different. Unless you have a spare $10k or $15k laying around, forget about it.

Alright, you guys are all fucked up...

The F20B is in the Accord Euro R, it looks exactly like an H22 but its not.
Yes, you can put the F20B in a prelude/accord and it will bolt up to your tranny...

The F20C is in the Honda S2000 and that one sits in a different direction and is RWD.

i was about to say the accord is a blue top (f20b) is the best swap for your accord.....and H22 the trannies match ....i was going to do that swap but crashed my 00 accord

Originally posted by scottp11@Jan 7 2005, 11:13 AM
Alright, you guys are all fucked up...

The F20B is in the Accord Euro R, it looks exactly like an H22 but its not.
Yes, you can put the F20B in a prelude/accord and it will bolt up to your tranny...

The F20C is in the Honda S2000 and that one sits in a different direction and is RWD.
[post=442560]Quoted post[/post]​

While we're on the subject of being "all fucked up"....

The F20B came in the Accord SiR (auto tranny) and SiR-T (manual tranny). The H22A7 came in the Accord Euro-R's.

http://asia.vtec.net/article/CF4/

Also, I would disagree that the F20B is the "best" swap for an Accord. First, given its rarity, it's going to be much more expensive. Second, it's more-or-less a 2.0L H22 engine, which would lead one to believe that it's a better top-end high-revving engine than the H22, but lacks the torque of the 2.2L.

If someone is going to shell out the money for an F20B, I'd advise him to get the H22A from the Prelude Type S. More power, more torque, better parts, same price.

The F20B came in the Accord SiR (auto tranny) and SiR-T (manual tranny). The H22A7 came in the Accord Euro-R's....

Sorry about that, I was mistaken. Actually I realized I was wrong after I wrote it and turned my computer off. :doh:

Back