F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordcb7_91

Hi, I just recently purchased a 1990 Accord w/ the F22 single cam and want to know if there are VTEC head swaps for the single cam or do I have to swap for another motor. Any help would be nice.
Thnaks

I am also wondering what I need for a VTEC swap and how much work is involved. Also how much would something like that cost.

You need the Head with all the guts, then the Intake mani and acces. for the head. Then you will need either an ECU for that engine or a socketted ECU to tune the car yourself. Depending on the Head swap you want it can be anywhere from 300-insane amounts. It all depends on your budget and your goals for your car :)

I have a 1997 Accord SE and would like to convert it to stick, i dont know where to begin with that part and second i want to put a new engine in it, what would be the best to put in? any suggestions or recommedations would be nice. I plan to do a full rebuild on this car and want to get as many horses as possible out of the car when finished. I just need help with these two options. What would you suggest?

Reply to Turbo Kit for 1K

Holy S***!! Just like the vid; that thing was f'in fast...did u do that on stock internals b/c I heard rumors of F22 blowing up w/ turbo kits w/ stock internals. Or is it the boost levels?

I blew it up after about 25K with the turbo on. The motor had 175K when I boosted it and I had beat the crap out of it before that, so I didnt expect it to live long. Luckily a salvaged F22 is anywhere from 200-500. I was running 14-17psi daily on it and it hung on like a champ for awhile :)

Thanks for all the advice, but one last question. In ur opinion, where would be the best place to start looking for a VTEC head, I was guessing a junkyard, or perhaps ebay.

Back