F22 variants?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have my daily driver 1991 Accord with the F22A1. The motor has 200k on it and is starting to.... :unsure: suck, for lack of a better term. I have a line on 2 cheap-o motors that I can get. One is an F22A4 and the other is an F22B2.
I want to get one of these motors cuz I can get them cheap and don't want to put lots of money in my daily driver (more for the 'lude ;) )

Lemme know.

Peace, Theron
<_<

Neither will really offer you much more power than what you've got now. Maybe 10 horses, tops. They'll both go into your engine bay with little work. Maybe you're better off just rebuilding the engine you've got now?

I understand about the rebuild, but I know that that takes more time than just an in and out swap. Plus if I rebuild it...I'll end up going nuts and try to build a bulletproof motor with aftermarket parts...which will take away some of my money from my lude buildup.

I am not looking for a lot of power...just a quick/cheap replacement b/c my F22A1 is getting pretty dilapidated and leaky...thus the new motor.

Peace, Theron
<_<

Not true.

The JDM F22B is a DOHC non-VTEC.

The USDM F22B1 is SOHC VTEC.

the USDM F22B2 is SOHC non-VTEC.

Make sure you know what you're posting about.

Back