F22 vs H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Since my motor may have taken a shit, I called for a replacement this morning. I can get a F22A1, F22B1(SOHC VTEC?), or a H23 for the same price for my local Honda salvage yard. Since I have a choice now what would be the best to go with? Would the H23 be a simple swap? Remember that I'm boosted and plan on staying that way too ;)

I did some more research and I seen the post on here about adding a H23 head to the F22 block, I may end up doing that. BUT I also saw a few F20A's pretty cheap! Does anyone know if they have the same exhaust bolt pattern as the F22 head? ALSO, does the H23 head have the same pattern as a F22?

i would get the h23 because of the displacment.
stack that head gaskets and run it ,maybe put a h22 head on that.(far future and not nessisary)
you can also run mahle pistons with out sleeving the block

I think I'm going to stick with the F22 block and a H23 head. I've been searching for forged pistons/rings for my car but I cant find any besides that f22parts.com place. They seem a lil hoakey since they sell mostly on Ebay.

The F22 has a 85mm bore, is the H22 the same bore size? Can I use pistons for that motor?

yeah, no F20, if you mean the S2000 engine, we've had that discussion a few times in here, it shouldn't really be an F series block, it TOTALLY would not work, I think it sits longways instad of sideways in the engine bay.

Sorry for bringing up a thread thats starting to get kinda old but there isnt only the s2000 f20.The f series in the s2000 is the f20c there is also a fwd f20a,only jdm though.

Last edited:
there is also an f20b, and i know Turbo&Auto didnt mean an s2k block.

F22 or F22+H23 is your best bet. you dont want to spend the cash on an h23 rebuild.

good thinking (even though im a little late on this topic).

I actually got the H23 head already, and the F22 bottom end is on its way to me :D Just gotta pull the motor now :roll: Damn its cold in PA right now :p

its been cold in dallas (tx) the last couple weeks too, today is decent though. high of 70, WOOT.

+1 on that, high 50's maybe 60 today. I'll be working on that car we bought from B this afternoon a lil more. Badass fuckin car for $1200 man!! I wish I wouldve bought it, although I've been having a blast just beating the living shit outta it :p

Back