f22a1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Colombo

My friend has a 95 Prelude S with an F22a1 and wants to swap the head, are there more powerful SOHC engines to swap heads with? or would it be easier to put in both an h23a head and bottom?

How I am seeing it, your friend has a DOHC design with out vtec...depending on whether or not he is palnning a turbo application...you have low compression which is ideal for TURBO with the current motor...if you wanted SOHC f22b1s have are SOHC vtec, not certain Y you would want SOHC...I am preparing for an h22a swap in my accord...The h23 jdm is understandable...and 30 more HP...are you desireing a motor without Vtec...

popping the hood tells us hes got an f22a1 SOHC design, ya know its pretty obvious, and he would want to go turbo. the f22a1 had got 135 in the prelude, but the f22b1 has 145. Its odd, but the reference on this site says the engine is DOHC, but i could walk out to the car right now and prove it wrong

F22A1, F22A4,F22A6, They are all SOHC non-VTEC engines. The only differences between the three are the cam, intake, and header. Not many differences. If you would like to make some more power, and you are already swapping the head, put in a hotter cam.

Also, there are very few differences between mounting and hooking up the H22A vs. the H23A. Similar design in shape. By the time you change your exhaust, axles, ECU, power steering hose, and add the knock sensor wire, Why not add the extra three wires for VTEC????

Just my 2 cents.

Back