F22A6 into a 91 LX body, wire issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordion SEX

Hi, new here and in need of some help, a guy ran a red light and totaled my son's 93 SE, but we found a 91 LX in great shape for a good price, with no engine. I have dropped the 93 F22A6 into the engine bay and have most of the wiring hooked- up with the exception of 1 plug, near the pass side fuse panel. The A6 has a 5 pin plug, while the 91 body has a 7 pin plug. Can anybody tell me how to splice the harness here? I have the ECU's from both cars and assume i should use the 93 ECU? Any help would be appriciated as I need to get this car back on the road. Thanks

I think you are dealing with an OBD situation. 93 is OBD1 where 91 (and older) are OBD0.

The missing plug...its at the clips on the shock towers.....right? I;m guessing....maybe the distributor.

I dont know much Accords and their swaps but I do know the rule of thumb is to use the harness that came in the car (a 91 engine harness).
You may have to switch out a few plugs (with the 93 plugs) but I'm not sure about the amount that need to be spliced together (hopefully not all of them)
I am not saying this is the only way (but its my only idea). You may be able to source that one plug you need off a 91 and it'll work out fine that way....not sure.

You can easily source out a engine harness for that car (I would guess less then $60) at some junk yard/recycler around you.

EDIT: I think you need the ECU out of the 93 too. Then purchase a jumper harness to convert it to OBD1 plugs for the ECU
And I think it might be best to use the 91 harness.....I think if you splice it in and run the 93 ECU...it will work
Seems weird to have two wires unaccounted for (5-wire plug vs 7-wire plug) makes me say 91 harness again
You might have to go as far as to convert the distributor/alternator/injectors to OBD0 and run an appropriate OBD0 ECU
But that seems like a whole lot of $$ and work (let alone sourcing it all). Hopefully others will chime in but you'll have to wait and see.

Forgot: Was this 91 MPFI in its original trim? What about the 93??? This might be an issue if they are different (but fixable)

Last edited:
yes, its 1 of the 3 plugs at the shock tower passenger side, all other connectors match up on both harnesses, I'm thinking the difference between the 7 pin and 5 pin plug may be related to the 91 had the distrib with the internal coil, and the 93 engine has the distrib with the external coil? both cars were in factory trim and never modified.

Yeah...like I stated earlier....I think its something with the distributors. This is what got me worried that you might need a 91 Distributor (b/c its OBD0) and then maybe the Alternator and Injectors but if thats the case....you can run the 91 ECU and dont need that 93 ECU...or a OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness

Both are Multi Port Fuel Injected too?

Last edited:
Back