F22b Head Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsk8r

Ok So I Decided To Keep The My F22b To Turbo But I Was Wondering What All Do You Have To Do To Swap The Head To Either A H22a Head Or A F22b Vtec Head. I Would Rather Do The F22b Vtec Head.

Ebay? Craigslist? I can only give you general places that you can search no matter where you live. I don't know what you have locally.

Oh, and addendum to what I said earlier, make sure everything you buy matches whatever your car's OBD status is. It will be a much easier install that way.

COOL THAnks man and one more question. Do you think its worthjust doing a head swap or just doing the full h22 swap, which one is better for your money and which one will give you more power.And i decided that i was going to do turbo. if i do the head swap only will the head be able to handle high amounts of boost if the bottom end is sleeved and forged.

if your looking at boosting id go with the F22 bottomend (stock compression 8:8:1) and slap on the H22a head (10:5:1) and with this combo you should be in the 9:2:1 range which is perfectly safe for boost.... the H22 is high compression and wont take high boost past 10lbs.... also your F22 bottomend has iron sleeves so it will take a lil more abuse.... not to mention the F22 bottomend with H22 head is a cheaper build.... i mean a H22a without trans is $1200....not shipped....the H22a head on ebay goes for $400, ecu $100... then you just need a distributer and run some wires for vtec..... here are some links to do that as well...

Honda-Tech.com: Honda Prelude: How to: Wire in Vtec
Honda-Tech.com: Honda Prelude: Official Vtec Wiring Guide
https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

recomend replacing the dizzy and the cap + rotor when you swap in the H22. you can use a 2000 civic si cap and rotor. also the distributor you'll need if your getting a obd1 h22 is a td60u (i think). the reason you'll need to replace the dizzy is b/c the usdm ludes ludes have external coils and the jdm h22 has an internal coil so you need the jdm h22 dizzy and they're usually not in good shape by the they get to the states.

So What Happens If I Get A Obd 2 H22 Do You Know What Distributor I Have To Use For That And Will This Swap Last A Long Time And I Wanted To Put At Least 10-15 Psi On The Turbo Will This Hold Up Or Do I Need To Upgrade The Valve Train. AND THE ECU I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE SAME YEAR PRELUDE AS THE HEAD RIGHT, AND MY CAR IS OBD 2. WOULD IT BE EASIER TO GET A HEAD WITH OBD 2 OR EASIER TO SWITCH TO OBD1. Oh And Thanks For Your Help. I Really Appreciate It.

Last edited:
Back