f22b swap into accord f23a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nosaholic

I,m getting ready to install a f22b into a 93 accord replacing its f23a. I was told all f blocks have interchangeable parts as far as intake exhaust and transmissions. I need to know if this is true and has anyone tried this before.Also would I need the computer out of the f22b to make it run right or could I use the f23 computer. Thanks

First, it's an F22A1 you have in there right now, not an F23A1.

If you're swapping an OBD1 non-VTEC engine for your current OBD1 non-VTEC engine, you should be fine as far as the ECU goes. It may not make QUITE as much power using the F22A ECU, but for the most part, you won't have any problems.

The engine will definitely bolt in, but you will have a few things to change. I assume you mean the JDM DOHC F22B. I bet you'd have to lengthen a few wires, but that shouldn't be too hard. I don't know about the exhaust. You should post when you finish, because I can't remember anyone talking about being done with this swap. A lot of people ask, but don't post results. Even the H22A is not THAT hard to swap, so good luck. Oh also, does the F22B have a knock sensor? I always wondered, because F22B is so similar to the H23.

Back